- Q: When is a lens really NOT a lens?
- A: When it's a-fake-ic!
Aphakia = Absence of the lens of the eye. It is usually due to surgical removal but may also be a congenital anomaly. Without a lens there is a loss of accommodation and hyperopia (farsightedness).
- Q: What happens when the retina cries?
- A: You get retinal tears!
Retinal Tears often present with "flashes and floaters" and can lead to vision-threatening retinal detachment! Retinal tears are usually treated with laser surgery or cryotherapy (Cryopexy).
- Q: What happened when the Ophthalmologist fell into the lens grinder?
- A: He made a spectacle of himself!
Got any good Ophthalmology jokes? Share them with me in the comment section!