Considering a Medical Oncology Fellowship?
- Applicants must have completed a residency in Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology fellowships are two years in length
- In the 2014 Match, 27 out of 116 applicants matched = 23% Match Rate.
- Average Yearly Compensation $278,000
- Overall Satisfaction with specialty: 53%
- Would choose the same specialty again: 57%
- American Society of Clinical Oncology www.asco.org
- Resources for Residents
- A day in the life of an academic Oncologist
- A day in the life of a community practice Oncologist
- Oncology Fellows’ Career Plans, Expectations, and Well-Being: Do Fellows Know What They Are Getting Into? Abstract Podcast
- Oncology Choose Wisely Top 5 List
Data Source: Medscape Physician Compensation Report: 2013