Non-Clinical Jobs for Physicians-in-Training
"What else can I do with my degree other then practice medicine?"
I get asked this question a lot so I thought I would discuss it here on my blog:
Our mission is residency! But there are many reasons that students and physicians many want to consider doing work in other health-care related jobs that can use their degree, make connections, and make a few dollars as well.
I get asked this question by a lot of students who are:
- Waiting to match
- Can't get matched
- Taking time off to have children
- Taking time off to take care of family members
- Made it to medicine but want to explore other options other then practicing medicine
Here are some other options you might want to consider:
- Medical Writer : Information Job Listings About.com
- Medical Transcription : Information Job Listings
- Pharmaceutical Representative : Information Job Listings
- Health-care Related Teaching : Information Job Listing
- Medical and Health Services Manager : Information Job Listings
- Clinical Research Assistant : Job Listings
- Occupational Therapy Assistant and Aid : Information Job Listings
- Physical Therapy Assistant and Aid : Information Job Listings
- Medical Assistant : Information Job Listings
- Medical Records and Health Information Technicians : Information Job Listings
- Medical Technologist and Medical Lab Technician : Job Listings Job Listings
- Pharmacy Technician : Information Job Listings
Here's another website to check out: "DropOutClub"
I hope this helps you. Remember to make connections and network. "Who you know" is critical in Medicine and in Life!! Our mission is residency! I am rooting for your success.